Charities, schools and non-profit organizations are major contributors to the welfare of our society. We support their work through donations and sponsorships:
- In 2016, Avia Solutions Group has once again joined the Rimantas Kaukenas support group in promoting a charitable cause – children’s fight against cancer, during the 2016 Vilnius marathon. Everyone willing to support the children was able to donate either by buying merchandise or by simply putting their desired donation sum into the charity box. We are happy to contribute to such important cause and invite everyone to always support those in need.
- In 2015 Avia Solutions Group and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) announced a mutual cooperation agreement. According to the agreement, both partners decided to cooperate in the development and implementation of aviation training related projects. Under the cooperation, VGTU supports Avia Solutions Group in finding young talents while the Group provides various opportunities for VGTU students to acquire practical experience in a form internship. Avia Solutions Group is delighted with the opportunity to contribute to the development of the new generation of aviation pros!
- In 2014 Locatory.com – subsidiary of Avia Solutions Group – provided financial support for a multiple champion of Lithuanian and European boxing, as well as 2012 Olympics bronze medal winner Evaldas Petrauskas.
- In 2014, supported by Avia Solutions Group, its Chairman of the Board Gediminas Ziemelis, as well as Algojimas charity foundation, a group of Lithuanian kids travelled to Dariaus and Gireno aerodrome to conduct their private flights over Kaunas district on one of Baltic Aviation Academy’s Tecnam aircraft. The amazing flights were not just a Christmas present for the kids, but also a part of a national charity campaign “Give a hand to kindness” which is personally supported by Gediminas Ziemelis.
- Avia Solutions Group were delighted with the opportunity to support the Rimantas Kaukenas team during the Danske Bank Vilnius marathon 2014, and hope that such initiatives will help to attract wider attention to the struggle against children‘s cancer.
- Aviation and motor sport have much in common as they involve competitiveness and teamwork, as well as unite professionals operating and maintaining complex machines. This is why In 2013 FL Technics supported the “1000 km race” held in Palanga. We are confident that such events will raise interest in aviation-related professions in Lithuania and contribute to further growth of our team.
- In 2013 Avia Solutions Group and Rimantas Kaukenas support group joined to participate in Vilnius Marathon as part of the ‘Outrun Cancer’ team, which dedicated its run to children fighting cancer. All of the raised money were transferred to the respective organizations. It is always delightful that events like Vilnius Marathon bring together not only those who promote a healthier way of living, but also those who struggle for the life itself. We hope that such initiatives will bring more supporters to our struggle against children’s cancer.
- Avia Solutions Group cooperates with the Rimantas Kaukenas’ Support Group. Financial support was assigned to establish a modern cabinet of kinesiotherapy for Kaunas Children’s Oncology Clinic as the funds were also spent on two computers that were bought for the children‘s learning and entertainment. (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis was one of the supporters and organizers of the ‘Valstieciu Laikrastis’ (‘The Farmers’ Newspaper’) charitable foundation ‘Kaimo Vaikai’ (‘The Village Children’) (Lithuania)
- Donation for the treatment of maestro Vytautas Kernagis. The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis had financially contributed to the social initiative aimed at collecting funds for the treatment of maestro Vytautas Kernagis who sadly lost his battle against cancer in 2008 (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the Vilkaviskis ‘Ausros’ gymnasium (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the ‘Full House Community’ (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the foundation ‘Fundacja Mimo Wszystko’ (Poland)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the charitable fund ‘Jiezno Vaikai’ (‘The Children of Jieznas’), Jieznas Children‘s Home (Lithuania)
We support a variety of other community activities:
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the basketball club ‘Vanagai BC’ (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis supports the football club ‘Ekranas’ (Lithuania)
- The Chairman of Avia Solutions Group Gediminas Ziemelis cooperates with the Wroclaw basketball club ‘Slask’ (Poland)
- The group supports the Migration Information and Communication Platform developed by the Lithuanian Social Research Centre (LSTC).